A picture or ten – what then?

The great thing about a challenge is that it encourages you to try something you might otherwise put in the “too hard basket”. For some months I have been intending to put a series of my photos together in Animoto so, as part of Activity 5 of  the Teacher Challenge , I finally gave it a try.  I hope you will be inspired to give it a go if you haven’t as yet. I used the Basic level which is free. The most difficult part was finding 10 images which told a story and  then deciding on suitable music from the hundreds available. The music on these presentations can often be surprisingly loud so it might be  a good idea to set it a little lower before you view.

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

4 thoughts on “A picture or ten – what then?

1. Hey Yvonne, when I check out your blog, you are up to date with the Kick Start Your Blog Challenge. I really like animoto. It is simple, easy to use, has all the frills that might be needed to put together a simple but very effective animation. Did you know there is a free educators’ version, so look for that as you have much longer time and more slides etc for the slideshow. Good idea to warn people about the volume of the presentation. Do you think you would use this tool with students? If so, how?

2. Great job with your Animoto video! I use it on our Library blog to share student work. Sometimes I re-mix a few times until I’m happy with the video transitions.

Kim 🙂

3. Pingback: Posts of the Week – Visit these blogs – Week 3 | Teacher Challenge

4. Yvonne, thanks for your very positive comments on my widget post. I have changed the sidebar, got rid of the calendar and added a tag cloud instead. Animoto is a great little tool, and so easy to use. My only problem is choosing the music. It takes me forever. I am looking forward to following your blog throughout the year.