Prep Plasticene Pandas

Our Prep students have enjoyed their modelling experience, using black and white Plasticene to create pandas. Inspired by the Teachertube video presentation  on Pandas they also made bamboo forest habitats using a variety of collage materials. Alex and Finn are in Prep HP.

IMG_0004IMG_9995

4 thoughts on “Prep Plasticene Pandas

1. Hi my name is Alice and I am from Pam Thompson’s class,

WOW!! Those pandas look great. Your prep students and very talented. Our class did some modelling for a competition for Mary and Max. We had to make a character out of plasticine. to see more about Mary and Max go to thompson67.edublogs.org also try to comment on my blog.
    Bye.

2. Those pandas look great. Our class have done some modeling too. We wrote a description of a charcter, then we needed to make a model to go with it! 😀

3. Hello Alice,
    Thank you for your comments on our plasticene pandas. Modeling is such a lot of fun and there should be a lot more opportunities available for students of all ages to do it. I am thrilled to get such great feedback from a student in an Australian school. Your Blog is fantastic and your writing excellent. I am pleased to know that secondary students are being encouraged to communicate in this way. Congratulations Alice and thanks once again,
    Yvonne Osborn, Visual Arts Teacher, Tatlors Lakes Primary School, Victoria.

4. Thankyou for your feedback Erin. We are thrilled that people enjoy seeing our work. I am about to post some Grade 6 drawings of weird and wonderful Garuda birds. I looked at the challenge you were set to make chracters from Plasticene. Modeling is a great way to show understanding. I think more teachers should use it. You are lucky to have such a talented teacher,
    Keep up the great work,
    Best Wishes from Yvonne Osborn, Visual Arts @Taylors Lakes Primary.