The Clowns have left the building.

Yesterday was the last day of Term 3 in Victoria, Australia so the last of the Prep Clowns was photographed with their proud owners and went home for the holidays.They looked beautiful at Assembly before leaving, trailing colourful hair (wool tops) and one pink arm which I dutifully returned to the Art Room. I’m sure we Art Teachers care more than we need to over such details but it was great to hear last week that one Prep boy’s older brother still has his Clown in pride of place at home from several years ago. Manar’s clown, pictured at left, is a girl. Such a beautiful naive style the little children have.

3 thoughts on “The Clowns have left the building.

1. It may be just kids crafts, but a lot of work and creativity went into that clown. All the details and accessories are actually quite remarkable. Not sure I could have done as well as an adult.

2. Hello Taylor from Broken Hill in New South Wales, Australia where I am spending a weekend during my holidays. Thank you for taking the time to make a Blog comment. It is always a pleasure to receive them and our students will be excited that their work is being noticed.
    The clowns are made from old cotton reels which one of our parents brings in. It’s amazing what some imagination and patience can do.
    They are what my previous Principal calls “keepers”.
    Very Best Regards and Thanks again
    Yvonne Osborn