The Cushioning Effect

Nicola’s birds seem to be deep in thought or conversation.

Caitlyn’s lizard stands proudly in the desert.

Our Grade 5 students have made some interesting cushions  and puppets using original designs based on the broad topic “Australia”. They did all the sewing themselves and are to be congratulated on bringing  their different ideas to life. See if you can find the “Black Saturday Bushfires”, “Jail Bird”,  “An Australian Beach”, The Lizard”  and “Crabs”.  I am constantly amazed with the creativity of our students and  by the different things they make within given guidelines. The double faced puppet has a Australian Politics theme. Julia Gillard (with the red hair) is on one side (our Prime Minister) and Tony Abbott is on the opposite side (our Opposition Leader).

7 thoughts on “The Cushioning Effect

1. WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW these cushions, puppets and some the photos if you keep scrolling down are awesome.You are a good teacher Mrs Osborn if that’s how you spell your name.

2. Hello Thomas,
    Thank you for your Blog comments and your kind words. I have great students such as you who are thoughtful and who work enthusiastically at their Art work. I hope you will also enjoy the next activities. You have a choice of many different arts and crafts which begin with the letter “M”.Some students are making frindship bands by using a knotting technique known as Macrame.Some are making Mandalas which are patterns drawn from the centre of a circle outwards. There are lots more activities to choose from.
    Very Best Wishes and thanks again from Mrs Osborn.
    PS You got the Osborn spelling right. Well Done.

3. Hello Suhail,
    I’m very pleased that you love Art and I’m also glad that you have tried making Blog comments. Now your name will be put into the draw for all the great Art supplies. The cushions turned out very well indeed and the puppets had some great character.
    Very Best Wishes from Mrs Osborn.