Oh Where, Oh Where Have You Been? Amsterdam

Since I was at Primary school in the 1950s and 60s I have always been fascinated by all that is Dutch. From wooden shoes to tulips, canals and windmills I dreamed that one day I would visit Holland (now the Netherlands). On April 2nd  my husband and I left Australia during my School Holidays to fly across the World to Amsterdam.These are just some of the many photos we took. I would like to know which is your favourite scene. See if you can work out which celebration happened while we were there.  I would be  extra thrilled to receive a blog comment from the Netherlands.

7 thoughts on “Oh Where, Oh Where Have You Been? Amsterdam

1. Like you, I have always been fascinated by the Dutch. They have a interesting culture. It was mixture of wonderful past and bright future. Their lifestyle and festivities always amaze me. That was a very beautiful picture. I hope you post more.

2. Thank you Peggy. It is great to receive your blog comments. What part of the World are you from? I would like to return to the Netherlands, have a look inside a windmill, see clogs being made and visit a tulip farm.I always like to leave some activities for my next trip. I will try to post some more Dutch photos soon.
    Very Best Regards
    Yvonne Osborn.

3. Dear Bhavi,
    You’re right, I had a great trip to Europe back in April. The canals and the windmills were scenes I had wanted to see since I was your age. I am so glad that you took the time to write a Blog comment.
    I am also pleased with the high quality of your work in Art. Your drawing and paintings show me that you are highly skilled. Congratulations and Thank You from Mrs Osborn.

4. Thank you for your Blog comment Emily. Mali has been a joy to have in our Art Room from the first day she arrived until we see her now, complete and with varnish to protect her. Thank you for your help in decorating her and for your enthusiasm for Art in general.
    Best Wishes from Mrs Osborn.