The Art of Travel

Over the past week while we are having School Holidays in Australia I have been travelling in Europe. My husband and I arrived in Amsterdam where we stayed for three days before driving south to Ypres in Belgium. In Amsterdam we took a canal boat ride and a bus tour of the city before visiting the Rijksmuseum. There we saw wonderful artworks by such artists as Rembrandt and Vermeer. As a Primary school student in the 1950s and 1960s I was fascinated by “Holland”. Visiting the Netherlands, as it is now called, and enjoying its scenery, culture and artworks has been a dream come true for me.Which country do you dream of visiting?

2 thoughts on “The Art of Travel

1. Mrs Osborn, do you ever stop travelling? The sights you see must be amazing!
    The pictures you have taken are beautiful, although Vermeer’s famous painting of the lady pouring milk did catch my eye. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I hope you had a great time ! 🙂

Missing primary school… 🙁 Maybe I could visit sometime!

Your ex-student, Jennifer Nguyen

2. Dear Jennifer,
    I love to travel and so does my husband, Greg. We feel honored to be able to see some of World and share it through our photography. I also like Vermeer’s painting. We bought a coffee mug with the painting on it to remind us of it when we get home.
    I think of you often and I hope you will visit some time. I hope you are enjoying High School.The transition between Primary and High School can be difficult.I know my older daughter found it hard.
    Very best Wishes for the rest of the holidays, from Yvonne Osborn.