20,017 reasons to smile

Over the past few weeks I have been looking forward to our Blog reaching its twenty thousandth visitor. On the first day of Spring  (for us in the Southern Hemisphere) that moment arrived. As Grade 1LW sat on the floor looking at the peach blossoms I had posted in honour of Spring two flags came up on our ClustrMap. One was from Istanbul, Turkey and one from Connecticut , USA. Our  students with Turkish background smiled proudly, as did the little boy who was born in the USA. Later when 3/4 SV were at Art someone from the Philippines was “watching us” as the students say. That made three boys from that class extra happy as they have Filipino background. Through the power of our Edublog and thanks to ClustrMaps our students have a connection with the World which was not possible when I was their age. We look forward to comments from our visitors and more reasons to smile.

2 thoughts on “20,017 reasons to smile

1. Hello Cathy,
    Thank you for your Blog comment. I’m sure Hana will be thrilled when she sees your comment on Thursday. I hope to encourage lots of our students to comment on the Art works of other students. You have made a great start.
    Best Wishes from Mrs Osborn.